YOUR CREDIT RATING – Understanding ‘Hard Hits’ VS ‘Soft Hits’
Hard Hits are credit checks that appear on your credit report and count toward your credit score. Anyone who views your credit report will see these inquiries.
Examples of hard hits include:
- an application for a credit card
- some rental applications
- some employment applications
Soft Hits are credit checks that appear on your credit report but only you can see them. These credit checks don’t affect your credit score in any way.
Examples of soft hits include:
- requesting your own credit report
- businesses asking for your credit report to update their records about an existing account you have with them
Holiday Light & Electrical Safety
Many people choose to celebrate the holidays by decorating the interior and exterior of their homes with a variety of different lighting options. Here are a few tips to ensure any extra lighting you put up is done safely.
- Only purchase UL-listed lights and extension cords.
- If you are decorating outdoors use products that are rated for outdoor use.
- Before placing your lights (inside or outside) inspect them for any damage that may have occurred in storage.
- Unplug lights before you change bulbs.
- If you need to get on a ladder to hang lights, try to use a wooden or fibreglass-reinforced plastic one instead of a metal one.
- Do not connect too many strings of lights together. The general rule is 3, but check with the packaging.
- Do not overload extension cords or sockets.
- Check your lights every now and then and make sure the wires are not warm to the touch.