Getting ready to sell your home? You need to take a few minutes to read my top tips for Home Sellers!
1. A clean home always shows better than one that is dirty or cluttered.
2. Price your house for the market in which you are selling.
3. Attending to small repairs will pay off. Anything you try to hide will come out during the home inspection.
4. Make sure you can say “yes!” to as many viewings as possible.
5. Making your home as bright as possible makes it more attractive to potential Buyers.
6. Half empty closets, cupboards, and pantries help to showcase storage space.
7. Curb appeal matters in every season.
8. Staging really does help! Professional stagers can work with a wide range of budgets and the results usually make it worth the investment.
9. Inexpensive upgrades CAN make a real difference. Updated fixtures and fresh, neutral paint can help Buyers fall in love with your home.
10. Eliminate odors. I cannot stress this enough.
11. Talk to your Realtor before you make any major improvements to your home. Upgrades or improvements do not always add value.
12. Clean all the nooks and crannies. Buyers will look and they will be very impressed with your attention to detail.
13. Get a home inspection before you list your home. This will uncover any hidden problems and give you the opportunity to resolve issues before they jeopardize an offer.
14. Have a plan in place to get your house ready for last minute showings. Check out this post for some tips and tricks!
15. Tell everyone that your house is for sale. You never know who might be a Buyer for your home!
These are just a few of the tips that can help most Sellers to maximize their opportunities for success. Every sale is different and every home is special. For more detailed advice specific to your home sale, please contact me to find out how I can help you!